2003 Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Saturday March 29, 2003. (In order of presentation)
- Lokenath Debnath, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Fractional ordinary and partial differential equations with applications.
- Andras Balogh, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Finding eigenvalues of a damped string numerically.
- Xudong Yao, Texas A&M Univ., A minimax method for finding the eigenpairs of nonlinear operators.
- Jianxin Zhou, Texas A&M Univ., A Newton's method for finding multiple solutions with symmetries.
- Alfonso Castro, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, The effect of the domain topology on the number of minimal nodal solutions of an elliptic equation at critical growth in a symmetric domain.
- Chen Chang, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Asymptotic behavior of the potential and existence of a periodic solution for second order differential equations.
- John Neuberger, Northern Arizona Univ., A numerical investigation of nodal structure and bifurcation for a semilinear BVP on a fractal domain.
- Marianna Shubov, Texas Tech Univ., Asymptotic and spectral analysis of the aircraft wing model in subsonic airflow.
- Cindy Martin, Texas Tech Univ., Asymptotic and spectral analysis of the aircraft wing model in subsonic airflow.
- Victor Shubov, Texas Tech Univ., Stability of fluid flows containing solid particles and uniform regularity of control systems governed by parabolic equations.
- Vladimer Varlamov, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Higher-order long-time asymptotics for the 3D damped Boussinesq equation.
- Maria C. Mariana, Purdue Univ., Option pricing models with stochastic volatility.
- Maria Pia Beccar Varela, Univ. of Buenos Aires, Mathematical properties of gauge transformations and minimization of energy functionals.
Sunday March 30, 2003:
- Stephen Shipman, Louisiana State Univ., Optimization of resonances in photonic crystals.
- Goong Chen, Texas A&M Univ., Nonlinear oscillations of the one-dimensional wave equation with a Duffing-like boundary condition.
- Zhaosheng Feng, Texas A&M Univ., Asymptotic behavior of proper solutions to the Korteweg-de Vries-Burgers-type equations.
- Jianzhong Su, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, Axisymmetric Ivantsov type traveling waves in the generalized Mullins-Sekerka equations in 3D.
- Taras Odushkin, Univ. of Texas at Dallas, A mathematical model of a solid body with interaction between deformation and polarization fields.
- Marco Fontelos, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Evolution and singularity formation in viscous and viscoelastic fluid interfaces.
- Santiago Betelu, Univ. of North Texas, Dynamic contact lines and capillarity driven spreading of power law fluids.
- Nicolas Alikakos, Univ. of North Texas, Anisotropy and microstructure.
Go back to the Texas DE web page.