1987 Joint meeting: Texas Partial Differential Equations Seminar and SIAM Texas-Oklahoma Section
University of Texas at Austin.
Friday April 10, 1987. (In order of presentation)
- G. Fix: Univ. of Texas at Arlington; Numerical methods for nonlinear instabilities in phase transition.
- L. Shampine: Southern Methodist Univ.; Conservation laws and numerical solution of ODE.
- B. Keyfitz: Univ. of Houston; Mode interaction in a porous plug burner flame.
- J. Neuberger: Univ. of North Texas; Least square methods for nonlinear PDE.
- B. Jiang & G. Carey: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Least squares FEM for hyperbolic problems.
- I. Goldberg: St. Mary's Univ.; Entrance flow problems for axisymmetric flow in a circular tube.
- L. Schovanec: Texas Tech Univ.; Fracture in viscoelastic media.
- H. Victory & K. Ganguly: Texas Tech Univ.; Convergence of particle methods for Vlasov-Poisson systems.
- L. Tuckerman: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Numerical study of convection in a cylindrical geometry.
Saturday April 11, 1987.
- A. Castro & S. Unsurangsie: Univ. of North Texas; Semilinear wave equation with nonmonotone nonlinearity.
- H. Warchall: Univ. of North Texas; Multidimensional solitary waves: a taxonomic safari.
- C. Guillope & J. Saut: Paris Univ.; Existence theorems of flows of viscoelastic fluids.
- O. Kavian: Paris Univ.; Self-similarity for a class of parabolic equations.
- M.-P. Bosse: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Homogenization of a layered medium.
- W. Rundell & M. Pilant: Texas A&M Univ.; Problems in undetermined coefficients form overposed data.
- F. Weissler: Texas A&M Univ.; Cauchy problem for the nonlinear Schroedinger equation.
- S. Fulling: Texas A&M Univ.; Asymptotics, geometry, quantum field theory, and the PC.
- R. Landes: Univ. of Oklahoma; Solvability of perturbed elliptic operators with critical growth on the gradient.
- D. Wagner: Univ. of Houston; Existence and behavior of viscous structures for plane detonation waves.
- J. Yong: Univ. of Texas; Optimal switching for PDE.