Position Description (responsibilities/duties)
Faculty are expected to establish a strong record of publication and scholarship, to collaborate in PreK-12 school-based professional development activities, to pursue external funding, and to actively engage in both individual and collaborative grant activities. Graduate and undergraduate teaching and mentoring assignments are dependent on the background of the individual and the needs of the department.
1. Doctorate specializing in Mathematics Education or a PhD in a STEM field with a strong interest in mathematics educational research
2. Strong preparation in Mathematics
3. Strong potential for high quality research in mathematics education
4. Potential for success in obtaining external funding
5. Evidence of effective teaching at the PK-20 level
1. Experience with mathematics outreach programs
2. Experience working with pre-service or in-service mathematics teachers
3. Experience with teacher education that incorporates technology based learning
To be considered, send the following: cover letter, AMS cover sheet, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, statement of research agenda, teaching philosophy, and three letters of recommendation. All application materials should either be submitted through mathjobs.org or sent to:
Recruitment Committee Chair: Math Ed
Department of Mathematics
Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666 USA
To ensure full consideration, all materials should arrive by December 8, 2014. However, we shall continue to accept applications until the position is filled. Further information, including details of other positions available, can be found at http://www.math.txstate.edu/hiring.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University will not discriminate against any person (or exclude any person from participating in or receiving the benefits of any of its activities or programs) on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex or disability, veterans status or on the basis of sexual orientation.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.