Day: Every Friday
Time: 12 - 1 pm
Location: Derrick Hall 339
This seminar focuses on statistics including topics related to teaching and learning of statistics at the undergraduate level. Presentations on new developments in statistics as well as innovative lessons and advances in statistics education research are welcome.
Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to attend!
- Feb 1: Group Discussion about Teaching Statistics: We welcome all instructors and students who are interested!
- Feb 8: Discussion-Math CATS Statistics Tutorial
- Feb15: Sue Geller, Texas A&M University, One Career, Many Specialties
- Feb 22: Francis Mendez, Texas State University, A Commentary on Data Analytics
- March 1: Alex White, Texas State University, Discussion: Approaches to Teaching the Central Limit Theorem
- March 8: Vera Ioudina & Alex White, Texas State University, Dragging Introductory Statistics Courses into the 21st Century
- March 15: Robert Sigley, Texas State University, Workshop: CODAP in th Classroom