Math Education Seminars - Spring 2018
- Jan 26: Jennifer Czocher, Texas State University, Why (other) mathematicians disagree with your definition of proof.
- Feb 2: Kate Melhuish, Texas State University, Discussion Session: Unpacking key terms in mathematics education research.
- Feb 9: Hamilton Hardison, Texas State University, Prospective secondary teachers' covariational reasoning in circle contexts: Distinguishing figurative from operative thought.
- Feb 16: Sindura Subanemy Kandasamy,Elizabeth Hewer, & Michael Q Abili, Texas State University, RUME Posters:
Students’ Attention to Conclusions During Proofs
What are the Functions of Proof in Introduction to Proof Textbooks?
How Diagrams are Leveraged in Introduction to Proof Textbooks
- Feb 23: **Seminar Cancelled** Alejandra Sorto, Texas State University, Developing PCK instruments to compare the effectiveness of "mostly in person" vs. "in distance" coach training models in Mexico.
- Mar 2: Sharon Strickland, Texas State University, Scaling Up Responding Research-or-How I'll Spend Next Year
- Mar 9: 3 MT Presentations, Graduate Students of Texas State University, Three Minute Thesis-The Trial Runs
- Mar 16: No Seminar - Spring Break
- Mar 23: Ingrid Sapire, University of the Witwatersrand, Language use in multilingual materials for Foundation Phase Mathematics in South Africa
- Mar 30: *location change Derr 339* Doug Ray, Texas State University, Desmos and GeoGebra in the Classroom Part II
- Apr 6: No Seminar - Awards Ceremony
- Apr 13: Kate Melhuish, Texas State University, Student Treatment of Function and Homomorphism in Abstract Algebra
- Apr 20: Samuel Obara, Texas State University, Role of Instruction on Spatial Skills on Middle School Students
- Apr 27: No seminar
- May 4: No Seminar - Finals