Math Education Seminars - Fall 2015
- Aug 27: Alex White, Texas State University, Tips for Successfully Navigating the Dissertation Process.
- Sep 4: Geoffrey Miller, Texas State University, On the Mathematical Flow Experiences of Pre-service Secondary Teachers:A Proposed Case Study of a Small Group Exploring Model-Eliciting Activities
- Sep 11: Christina Starkey, Nama Namakshi, Sonalee Bhattacharyya, & Christina Zunker, Texas State University, Mathworks: From Research to Practice in Mathematics Education
- Sep 18: Jennifer Czocher, Texas State University, Orchestrating an Academic Job Search
- Sep 24: Shawnda Smith, Christine Herrera & Darolyn Flaggs, Texas State University,Extensive Educational Experiences in Advanced Caminos with FOCUS Elements
- Oct 2: Eleanor Close, Texas State University, Supporting an inclusive teaching & learning community through the TXST Physics Learning Assistant program.
- Oct 16: Open House (Derrick 329 1:15-2:15pm) Aimee Tennant, Huston-Tillotson University, A Quality Enhancement Plan at a Historically Black College - Success in Core Math Courses
- Oct 23: Mary Pilgrim, Colorado State University, Increasing Student Engagement in Learning Calculus Through PBL, Oral Assessments, and Writing
- Oct 30: Cancelled - Campus Closed
- Nov 6: Brittany Webre, Texas State University, Explanatory Effects of Texas House Bill 5 on College Algebra
- Nov 13: Dan Cheshire, Texas State University, The structure of the concept image: Analyzing students’ representation and use of mathematical properties.
- Nov 20: Steven Aragon, Texas State University, Writing for Publication