Math Education Seminar
Day: Every Friday
Time: 1 - 2 pm
Faculty and students learn about and discuss issues related to the teaching and learning of mathematics and new findings in mathematics education research. Graduate students in the Mathematics Education programs are expected to attend whenever possible; students from other programs are always welcome.
Fall 2021 Format
This semester, to encourage safety while still allowing for some of the in-person interaction we have missed over the last year, we’ve decided upon the following format:
- Most weeks, the seminar will be online via Zoom.
- On the first Friday of each month, we will meet in person in Derrick 338 as pandemic conditions allow. This will allow us to continue our conversations at our First Friday social.
- Sept 3: Organizational Meeting
- Sept 10: Ashraf Demian, Texas State University, A characterization of college algebra assessment during the emergency remote teaching
- Sept 17: no seminar this week