Math Education Seminar
Day: Every Friday
Time: 1 - 2 pm
Faculty and students learn about and discuss issues related to the teaching and learning of mathematics and new findings in mathematics education research. Graduate students in the Mathematics Education programs are expected to attend whenever possible; students from other programs are always welcome.
- Jan 22: Kristen Vroom, Oregan State University, A Functional Approach for Formal Mathematical Language
- Jan 29: No Seminar
- Feb 5: Kate Melhuish and Cody Patterson, Texas State University, Reviewing Papers
- Feb 12: OK-TX RUME Planning
- Feb 19: Alejandra Sorto, Texas State University, NSF Grants
- Feb 26: Sharon Strickland, Texas State University, Dissertation Basics II
- March 5: Amanda Sugimoto, Portland State University, Planning and instructing for students' linguistic development alongside their mathematical development
- March 12: TBA
- March 19: SPRING BREAK
- March 26: Graduate Student Meet with Dorothy White
- April 2, Sindura Kularajan, Texas State University, What I learned from Baxil: Dissertation Update
- April 9: Hamilton Hardison, Texas State University, Implementing Protractor Placement Tasks with Prospective Teachers: Intentions and Outcomes
- April 16: Weam Al-Tameemi, Texas State University, Writing Intensive STEM courses.
- April 23: Jenna Tague, Clovis Community College , How Do We Support Mathematics Majors?
- April 30: Alejandra Sorto, Texas State University, Things that I learned at NSF and that I am allowed to share [credited to Dr. Strickland]