Math Colloquium - Spring 2019
- March 4 (a special arrangement for Monday): George Glauberman, U of Chicago, An Application of Algebra to Topology
- March 15: Barbara Shipman, UT Arlington,
- April 5: Sean Larsen, Portland State University, Down the Rabbit Hole: The Ways Students Interpret and Use Summation Notation
- April 19: Dan Battey, Rutgers University, Racial Bias in Math: Understanding the Impact of Racial Attitudes on Pre-service Teachers’ Perceptions of Children’s Mathematical Thinking
- May 3: Math Awareness Month Keynote Speaker: Nico Shüller (music performed by guest cellist Francesco Mastromateto), Texas State University, Music and Mathematics - This event will be held at the Music Building, Recital Hall from 2-3:30 pm.