Day: Selected Fridays
Time: 3:30 - 4:30 pm
The math department hosts a colloquium series in which distinguished researchers present their recent work to a general mathematical audience. All faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students are welcome.
- Feb 5: Patricio Herbst, University of Michigan, The Role of Mathematics in describing, explaining, and improving its teaching
- Feb 19: *This event is temporarily postponed*
- Mar 5: Richard Schwartz, Brown University, Billiards in Orthoschemes
- Mar 26: Dorothy White, University of Georgia, Preservice Teachers’ Noticing of Middle School Students’ Mathematical Strengths *This event has a start time of 2pm for this week only*
- April 16: Richard Stanley, MIT/University of Miami, A Survey of Plane Tilings
- April 30: Lauren Ancel Meyers, University of Texas, presented as part of the Mathematics & Statistics Awareness Series.