Discrete Math Seminars - Spring 2010
- January 28 (12:00 - 1:00): Louiza Fouli, Department of Mathematics, New Mexico State University: Reductions and Cores of Edge Ideals of Graphs
- January 28 (1:00 - 2:00): Ming Hua, Research Scientist, Facebook Inc.: Data Mining Challenges in Facebook
- February 4: No Seminar
- February 11: Sam Creswell, Mathematics Department, San Antonio College: Some Geometry in l^2
- February 18: Jacob Manske, Mathematics Department, Texas State University-San Marcos: Monochromatic Square Garden: coloring the integer grid
- February 25: Julian Cheng, University of British Columbia-Okanagan, Canada: Asymptotic Error Rate Analysis for Multi-Antenna Diversity Reception
- March 4: Yong Yang, Mathematics Department, Texas State University-San Marcos: Large character degrees of solvable 3′-groups
- March 11: Jian Shen, Mathematics Department, Texas State University-San Marcos: Three Layer Q_2-Free Families in the Boolean Lattice
- March 18: Spring Break - No Seminar
- March 25: Lucas Rusnak, Mathematics Department, Texas State University-San Marcos: A Survey of Oriented Hypergraphs
- April 1 (12:30 - 1:05): Douglas Klein, Mathematical Chemistry Group, Texas A&M University at Galveston: Intrinsic Metrics on Graphs & Graph Geometry
- April 1 (1:10 - 1:45): Yujun Yang, Mathematical Chemistry Group, Texas A&M University at Galveston: Sum Rules for the Resistance Distance
- April 8: (TIME CHANGE: 2:15 - 3:15) Zhanjun Su, Mathematics Department, Hebei Normal University, China: The relative distances of points in the boundary of plane convex bodies.
- April 15: George Stadler, Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences, UT Austin: Semismooth Newton Methods for Variational Inequalities in PDE Problems.
- April 22: Alexandra Ilic, Westlake High School, Austin; Kevin Tian, Westwood High School, Austin: On the Power Dominating Sets of Various Classes of Graphs.
- April 29: Brent Johnson, Department of Biostatistics, Emory University: Assessing the effect of delayed ARV regimen change after failing on the initial regimen.