Math CATS (Computer & Tutoring Service)
Don't love math yet? Let us change your mind.
Math CATS is open for face to face tutoring in DERR 238
|Monday - Thursday||8 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 5 pm|
We encourage the use of cloth face coverings while you are in Math CATS.
Math CATS will be closed on Monday, September 6 in observance of Labor Day.
Tutoring by appointment
To schedule an appointment for online tutoring click the button below.
What to expect:
- Select the course you are enrolled in.
- Tutor (if you have a preference)
- Provide your name and Texas State email address
- Provide your instructors name and what you are working on.
- You will immediately receive an email with a Teams link to join the tutoring session during your scheduled appointment time.
- You will also receive a reminder email a day before, and 30 minutes before your session.
Welcome! Texas State University Math CATS, sponsored by the Department of Mathematics, provides free drop-in math tutoring in a personalized atmosphere. Our goal is to provide students with academic support in a comfortable learning environment. Come in to receive individualized help, to form study groups and to build friendships. In addition to the tutoring service, we have computers available for individual mathematics work, general research and school use.
The computers are connected to our university network and are accessible to all students, faculty and staff. The available software applications include but are not limited to: Microsoft Office, Firefox, Mathematica, JMP, SPSS, MatLab, R/R Studio, Geogebra and LaTeX.
E-Mail: Math CATS Coordinator
The mission of Math CATS is to support academic growth by increasing skill competence, raising achievement in math coursework, instilling confidence in students' mathematical abilities, and developing an appreciation for mathematics that goes beyond the classroom.