Math CATS (Computer & Tutoring Service)
Math CATS will be back on June 1 for Summer I
Math CATS is open Summer session!
Due to the concerns surrounding COVID-19, Math CATS has moved to an online tutoring platform for the Summer I semester.
To join the online Math CATS tutoring rooms click on the button below:
9 am - 6 pm
1 pm - 6 pm
What to expect:
Click the button above to get to Math CATS online tutoring.
- Register to join:
- Texas State email address
- Math class course number or name
- You will immediately receive a link to join via Zoom where you will be met by a host tutor and assigned to a study room
- When you have a question or need the assistance of a tutor click the 'Ask for Help' button located at the bottom of your screen in the Zoom menu bar and a tutor will join you
- response time will vary depending on tutor availability and number of clients but we will be with you as soon as possible
We have tutors who are available to help you during our operating hours. Most math classes have tutors at any time that will be available to help but there are some classes that have tutors who specialize in the subject matter. These schedules are listed below. If you are enrolled in one of these classes and would like assistance, check to see when we're available.
Welcome! Texas State University Math CATS, sponsored by the Department of Mathematics, provides free drop-in math tutoring in a personalized atmosphere. Our goal is to provide students with academic support in a comfortable learning environment. Come in to receive individualized help, to form study groups and to build friendships. In addition to the tutoring service, we have computers available for individual mathematics work, general research and school use.
The computers are connected to our university network and are accessible to all students, faculty and staff. The available software applications include but are not limited to: Microsoft Office, Firefox, Mathematica, Fathom, SPSS, MatLab, R/R Studio, Geometer's Sketchpad, and LaTeX.
E-Mail: Math CATS Coordinator
The mission of Math CATS is to support academic growth by increasing skill competence, raising achievement in math coursework, instilling confidence in students' mathematical abilities, and developing an appreciation for mathematics that goes beyond the classroom.