Math CATS (Computer & Tutoring Service)
In-person tutoring hours:
Monday - Friday
9 am - 5 pm
Don't love math yet? Let us change your mind!
Drop-in tutoring for Summer II
To join the online Math CATS drop in tutoring session click on the button below.
|Monday - Friday||9 am - 5 pm|
What to expect:
- Register to join:
- Texas State email address
- Math class course number or name
- You will immediately receive a link to join a Zoom session where you will be met by a host tutor and assigned to a study room.
- When you have a question or need the assistance of a tutor click the 'Ask for Help' button located at the bottom of your screen in the Zoom menu bar and a tutor will join you.
- response time will vary depending on tutor availability and number of clients but we will be with you as soon as possible
Tutoring by appointment
To schedule an appointment for online tutoring click the button below.
What to expect:
- Select the course you are enrolled in.
- Tutor (if you have a preference)
- Provide your name and Texas State email address
- Provide your instructors name and what you are working on.
- You will immediately receive an email with a Teams link to join the tutoring session during your scheduled appointment time.
- You will also receive a reminder email a day before, and 30 minutes before your session.
We have tutors and graduate students who are available to help you during our operating hours. Most math classes have tutors at any time that will be available to help but there are some classes that have tutors who specialize in the subject matter. We recommend that you make an appointment for those classes.
Welcome! Texas State University Math CATS, sponsored by the Department of Mathematics, provides free drop-in math tutoring in a personalized atmosphere. Our goal is to provide students with academic support in a comfortable learning environment. Come in to receive individualized help, to form study groups and to build friendships. In addition to the tutoring service, we have computers available for individual mathematics work, general research and school use.
The computers are connected to our university network and are accessible to all students, faculty and staff. The available software applications include but are not limited to: Microsoft Office, Firefox, Mathematica, JMP, SPSS, MatLab, R/R Studio, Geogebra and LaTeX.
E-Mail: Math CATS Coordinator
The mission of Math CATS is to support academic growth by increasing skill competence, raising achievement in math coursework, instilling confidence in students' mathematical abilities, and developing an appreciation for mathematics that goes beyond the classroom.