2018 Texas Differential Equations Conference
University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas
Saturday March 24, 2018 (In order of presentation)
Parallel session 1:
- Philip Isett, Univ. of Texas at Austin, A proof of Onsager's conjecture.
- George Livadiotis, Southwest Research Institute, Derivation of the general entropic function.
- Timothy Huber, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Optimization of differential equations for moonshine functions.
- Dambaru Bhatta, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Convective flow in a porous medium with linear vertical variation in resistivity.
- Fengxin Chen, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Multidimensional stability of planar traveling waves for nonlocal Allen-Cahn equation.
- Mostafa Fazly, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio , On De Giorgi's conjecture in lower dimensions.
- Karen Yagdjian, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, A new integral transform approach to solving hyperbolic equations in the curved space-times.
- Zhaosheng Feng, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Implicit solutions to the KDV-Burgers-Kuramato equation.
- Kun Gou , Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Modeling of the trachea opening size change under angioedema.
- D. Palaniappan, Texas A&M Univ. at Corpus Christi, Velocity-decomposition approach for oscillatory Stokes and Brinkman equations.
- Yuri Yatsenko, Houston Baptist Univ., Optimal stopping problem in asset replacement under improving technology.
- Erwin Suazo, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Riccati-Ermakov systems and explicit solutions for variable coefficient reaction-diffusion equations.
- Youn-Sha Chan, Univ. of Houston Downtown, Fracture mechanics in different elasticity theories and a hierarchy oF PDEs.
Parallel session 1:
- Zhijun Qiao, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Higher order CH model.
- Baofeng Feng, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Bilinearization and reductions for the NLS, derivativE NLS, complex SIne-Gordon and Fokas-Lenells equations.
- Chunmei Wang, Texas State Univ., Primal-dual weak Galerkin finite element methods.
- Stephen Salako, Our Lady of the Lake Univ., Optimal control approach to image registration.
- Pablo Raul Stinga,, Iowa State Univ., How to approximate the fractional Laplacian by the fractional discrete Laplacian.
- Animesh Biswas, Iowa State Univ., Extension problem and Harnack inequalities for master equations.
- Md Al Masum Bhuiyan, Univ. of Texas at El Paso, Application of stochastic differential equation by using Ornstein UhlenbecK process.
- Saber Elaydi, Trinity Univ., Nonstandard discretization methods of differential equations.
- Nathalie Luna, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, The blow-up solutions of wave map equation with periodic in time speed of propagation.
- Neil Jerome Egarguin, Univ. of Houston, locating defects in a vibrating string using eigenfunction expansion and the method of moments.
- Shuxia Li, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Lax representation for an integrable hierarchy.
- Md Rafiul Islam, Texas Tech Univ., Epidemic modeling and identifying dominant tramsission pathways.
- Guanting Liu, Inner Mongolia Normal Univ., Interaction among infinite number dislocations and a semi-infinite crack in one dimensional hexagonal piezoelectric quasicrystals.
- Ze Cheng, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Existence of solutions to the super-critical Hardy-Littlewood-Sobolev systems.
Parallel session 1:
- Andras Balogh, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, New conjectures for the Higgs Boson equation in the De Sitter spacetime.
- Diane Denny, Texas A&M Univ. at Corpus Christi, Existence of a unique classical solution to a quasilinear elliptic equation.
- Akif Ibragimov, Texas Techh Univ., Mixed boundary value problems for non-divergence type elliptic equations in unbounded domain.
- Vesselin Vatchev, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, An approximation of the n-soliton solution oF KDV.
- Anahit Galstyan, Univ. of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Finite lifespan of solutions of the semilinear wave equation in the Einstein-De Sitter spacetime.
- Vu Hoang, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Quantitative bounds versus weakly coupled states for some pseudorelativistic operators.
- Dan Wu, Hunan Univ., On global existence for mass-super-critical nonlinear fractional Hartree equations.
- Taoufik Meklachi, Penn State Univ. Harrisburg, Resonances of small volume high contrast linear and nonlinear scatterers: asymptotic methods.
- Juan Lopez, Univ. of Houston, well-posedness for an axisymmetriC div-curl system.
- Du Pham, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Existence and uniqueness for weak solutions of strong cross diffusion systems.
- Yeyao Hu, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Blow-up solutions for a mean field equation on sphere and torus.
- Eric Platt, Univ. of Houston, Active control of fields satisfying the Helmholtz equation.
- Widodo Samyono, Jarvis Christian College, Numerical optimization problems in nuclear reactor design.
- Fangfang Liao, Xiangnan University Univ., The existence of nontrivial solutions for several kinds of elliptic systems on R^N.
Fengxin Chen, Mostafa Fazly, Changfeng Gui: University of Texas at San Antonio.
Go back to the Texas DE web page