2014 Texas Differential Equations Conference
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Saturday March 1, 2014 (In order of presentation)
- Kanadpriya Basu , Univ. of Texas-El Paso, Some Numerical Results from Nonparametric Regression Methods Applied to Geophysics and Finance.
- Zhaosheng Feng , University of Texas-Pan American, Asymptotic Behavior of a Degenerate Parabolic System.
- Goong Chen, Texas A&M Univ., Taking the Poincare Section of the Wave Equation with Certain Types of Nonlinearities and Boundary Conditions in Multidimensional Settings to Prove Chaotic Oscillations.
- Eric Platt, Univ. of Houston, Modeling Nonlinear Properties and Fracture Mechanics of Elasto-Viscoplastic Materials by use of an Integrity Property.
- Mark Hubenthal, Univ. of Houston, The Broken Ray Transform in n Dimensions with Flat Reflecting Boundary.
- Mauricio A. Rivas,Univ. of Houston, Morse Index Theory and Applications to Steklov Eigenproblems.
- Abimbola Abolarinwa, Univ. of Sussex, UK, Heat Flow Monotonicity, Functional Inequalities and Decay Estimates.
- Eleftherios Gkioulekas, Univ. Texas-Pan American, Energy and Potential Enstrophy Flux Constraints in Quasi-Geostrophic Models.
- Ying Wang, Univ. of Oklahoma, Interplay of Dissipation and Dispersion in Two-Phase Flow - an Underground Oil Recovery Model.
- V. N. Borodin, Middle Tennessee State Univ., Fields of Potential Induced by Point Sources in Shell Structures Containing Foreign Inclusions.
- M. I. Bhatti, Department of Physics and Geology, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Solutions to Fractional-Order Differential Equations in a Fractional Bernstein Polynomial Basis.
- Katarina Jegdic, Univ. of Houston - Downtown, A Free Boundary Value Problem for the Isentropic Gas Dynamics Equation.
- Jianxin Zhou, Texas A&M Univ., Finding G-Saddles of Quasilinear Elliptic PDE.
- Lokenath Debnath, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Some Solved and Unsolved Problems in Partial Differential Equations.
- Ruediger Landes, Univ. of Oklahoma, On a Semigroup Generated by a Parabolic Nonlinear Boundary Value Problem.
- Yuri Yatsenko, Houston Baptist Univ., Optimal Control of Age-Distributed Capital Under Improving Technology and Learning.
- Matthew McBride, Univ. of Oklahoma, The Marchenko Representation of Reflectionless Jacobi and Schrodinger Operators.
- Ray Treinen, Texas State Univ., A Monotonicity Formula for the Blow-up limit at the triple junction of three Fluids in Equilibrium.
- Taoufik Meklachi, Univ. of Houston, Anomalous Localized Resonance: A Summary of the Behavior of the Power Dissipation.
- John Villavert, Univ. of Oklahoma, Sharp Existence Criteria for Positive Solutions of Systems of the Hardy-Littlewood Type.
- Dambaru Bhatta, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Evolution Equation for a Three-Dimensional Hydro-thermal Convective Flow in an Aquifer System.
- Jianzhong Wang, Sam Houston State Univ., Directional Diffusion in Image Science.
- Songming Hou, Louisiana Tech Univ., Solving Elliptic and Elasticity Interface Problems with Non-Body-Fitted Mesh.
- Michael Dean, Ohio State Univ., Torsional Wave Dispersion in an Infinite Composite Cylinder with a Functionally Graded Core and an Imperfect Interface.
- Indranil SenGupta, North Dakota State Univ., A Traveling Wave Solution of Arithmetic Asian Options in Finance.
- Prasad S. Mokashi, Ohio State Univ., Axisymmetric Torsional Green's Function for a Functionally Graded Elastic Solid.
Sunday March 2, 2014 (In order of presentation)
- Santiago Betelu, Univ. of North Texas, The Shape of Electrically Charged Interfaces near a Three-Dimensional Multi-Phase Junction.
- Jonatan Lenells, Baylor Univ., The Wavemaker Problem.
- Qin Sheng, Baylor Univ., A Different ADI Approach for the Numerical Solution of Paraxial Helmholtz Equation.
- J. W. Neuberger, Univ. of North Texas, Lie Generators for Local and Global Nonlinear Semigroups.
- Ellina Grigorieva, Texas Woman's Univ., Maximizing Profit by Selecting the Optimal Production and Sales Strategy.
- J. W. Montgomery , Univ. of North Texas, Supplementary Conditions for the Tricomi Equation.
- Robert Renka, Univ.North Texas, A New Method for Finite Element Mesh Smoothing.
- Joseph Iaia, Univ. of North Texas, Spreading of Charged Microdroplets.
Go back to the Texas DE web page