2011 Texas Differential Equations Conference
University of Texas-Pan American, Edinburg Texas
Saturday March 26, 2011 (In order of presentation)
- Lokenath Debnath, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Euler equations and the KdV equation for the gravity-capillary waves.
- Goong Chen,Milivoj Belic, Alexey Sergeev, Texas A&M Univ., Computation and visualization of the nonlinear Schrodinger equation in nonlinear optics by OpenFOAM.
- Sergey Belov, Rice Univ., Riemann-Hilbert approach to the semiclassical focusing Nonlinear Schrodinger equation.
- Tuoc Van Phan, Univ. of Tennessee, Normal form for the symmetry-breaking bifurcation in the nonlinear Schrodinger equation.
- Mikhail Kovalyov, Univ. of Alberta, Canada, Modeling rogue waves by means of solutions of KP.
- Luan Hoang, Texas Tech Univ., Dynamics and stabilities of generalized Forchheimer flows in porous media .
- Jose Santiago Cruz Banuelos, Univ. de Monterrey, One solution of the Duffing equation by using the finite element method.
- George Omel'yanov, Univ. of Sonora, Mexico, Interaction of singularities and the uniqueness problem for quasilinear hyperbolic systems.
- Katarina Jegdic, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, A free boundary problem for two-dimensional gas dynamics equations.
- Mufid Abudiab, Texas A&M Univ.-Corpus Christi, The lower upper solutions method: Its power and limitations.
- Chris Trombley, Mufid Abudiab, Zulema Cervantes, Andrew Hornbuckle, Texas A&M Univ.-Corpus Christi, Exact differential equations in R^n.
- Joshua Benavidez, Mufid Abudiab, Christina Martinez, Texas A&M Univ.-Corpus Christi, Use of the Routh Hurwitz method to study the stability of a system of differential equations.
- Ruediger Landes, Univ. of Oklahoma, Stable and unstable initial configuration in the theory of wavefronts.
- Reza Ahangar, Texas A&M Univ.-Kingsville, Dynamic behavior of perturbed nonlinear operator differential equations.
- Martina Bukac, Univ. of Houston, Thin shell model capturing longitudinal displacement observed in human arteries.
- Sayantan Das, Dambaru Bhatta, Daniel N. Riahi, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, On temporal instability of electrically forced axisymmetric jets with variable applied field and nonzero basic state velocity.
- Ranadhir Roy, Fabiola Rios, Daniel N. Riahi , Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Investigation of characteristic of chyme flow during gastrointestinal endoscopy using different mathematical models.
- Sam Cavazos, Ranadhir Roy, Daniel N. Riahi, Univ. of of Texas-Pan American, Modeling and computation of blood flow resistance of an atherosclerotic artery with multiple stenoses.
- Runchang Lin, Martin Stynes, Texas A&M International Univ., A balanced finite element method for singularly perturbed reaction-diffusion problems.
Sunday March 27, 2011 (In order of presentation)
- Yuliya Gorb, Univ. of Houston, Blow up phenomena in high contrast composites.
- Natali Hritonenko, Prairie View A&M Univ., Optimal control of pde and integral equations with delay in operations research and environmental sciences.
- Maxim Zyskin, Univ. of Texas at Brownsville, Reinforcing polymer fibers.
- Ram Verma, Texas A& Univ.- Kingsville, Generalized frameworks for first-order evolution inclusions based on Yosida approximations.
- Virgil Pierce, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Differential equations for the enumeration of polygonal dissections.
- Anahit Galstyan, Tamotu Kinoshita, Karen Yagdjian, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Hyperbolic Equations in Einstein-de Sitter spacetime.
- Karen Yagdjian, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Fundamental solutions for hyperbolic operators with variable coefficients.
- Ranis N. Ibragimov, Univ. of Texas at Brownsville, Integration by quadratures of nonlinear Euler and Navier-Stokes equations modeling atmospheric motion.
- Eleftherios Gkioulekas, Ka-Kit Tung, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, The effect of asymmetric large-scale dissipation on energy and potential enstrophy injection in two-layer quasi-geostrophic turbulence.
- Paul Bracken, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Deformation of surfaces in three-dimensional space induced by means of various integrable systems.
- Dambaru Bhatta, Daniel Riahi, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Derivation of the Landau coefficients for convective flow in a mushy layer.
- Tim Huber, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Applications of a differential system to quintic Eisenstein series.
Go back to the Texas DE web page