2010 Texas Differential Equations Conference
University of Texas at Austin, Texas
Saturday April 10, 2010 (In order of presentation)
- Lokenath Debnath, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Nonlinear Water Wave Equations on a Running Stream near Resonant Conditions.
- Yuliya Gorb, Univ. of Houston, L-infinity estimates for gradients of solutions to some nonlinear problems.
- Guy Bernard, Midwestern State Univ., Wichita Falls, Texas, Global Existence to the Navier-Stokes Equations Through a Self-Similar-Like Upper Solution.
- J. D. Mireles James, Rutgers Univ., Rigorous computation of symmetric connecting orbits for systems of second order ODE's.
- Baofeng Feng , Univ. of Texas-Pan American Integrable Discretizations and Self-adaptive Moving Mesh Method.
- Katarina Jegdic, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, A free boundary problem for the isentropic gas dynamics equations.
- Steve London, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Hydromagnetic Waves in a Thin Rotating Spherical Shell.
- Mariya Vorobets , Texas A & M Univ., Spectral gaps of certain periodic Maxwell operators.
- Luis Caffarelli , Univ. of Texas at Austin, Porous media equation with non local pressure.
- Giles Auchmuty, Univ. of Houston, Orthogonal Bases and Reproducing Kernels for Hilbert Spaces of Harmonic Functions.
- Nestor Guillen, Univ. of Texas, Austin, Instantaneous regularization phenomena for the Stefan problem with Gibbs-Thomson law.
- Mohamed Sami ElBialy, Univ. of Toledo, Invariant manifolds for bi-semigroups.
- Natali Hritonenko, Texas A & M Univ, Prairie View, PDE model of the optimal forest management with carbon sequestration and environmental impact.
- Misha Perepelitsa, Univ. of Houston, The vanishing viscosity limit for the Navier-Stokes equations.
- Timothy Blass, Univ. of Texas, Austin, Computing the Minimal Average Energy: Numerical and Perturbative Results.
- Betul Orcan, Univ. of Texas at Austin, On the Regularity of Integral Variational Obstacle Problems.
- Jianxin Zhou , Texas A& M Univ., On Solving Nonlinear Differential Eigen-Solution Problems.
- Juan Galvis, Texas A & M Univ., Numerical homogenization for high-contrast elliptic problems using local spectral basis functions.
- Ranadhir Roy , Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Mathematical models for Inverse problem in small volume.
- Eleftherios Gkioulekas, Univ. of Texas-Pan American Can the two-layer QG model explain the Nastrom-Gage energy spectrum of the atmosphere?
- Dambaru Bhatta, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Nonlinear Magneto-Convection in a Passive Mushy Layer.
Sunday April 11, 2010 (In order of presentation)
- John W. Neuberger , Univ. of North Texas Global vs. Local Existence for Time Dependent Equations.
- Reza Ahangar,Texas A & M Univ. - Kingsville, Stochastic Modeling of Multistage Carcinogenesis Mutations.
- Irene M. Gamba , Univ. of Texas at Austin Classical solutions for the Boltzmann transport equations for soft potentials with initial data near local Maxwellians.
- Xifeng Su, Univ. of Texas at Austin, Special solutions of higher dimensional Frenkel-Kontorova model--Aubry-Mather theory in discrete elliptic PDEs.
- Youn-Sha Chan, Univ. of Houston, Downtown Superposition Principle in Finding Topological Derivatives.
- Kenichi Maruno, Univ. of Texas - Pan American Geometric formulation of motion of discrete curves and integrable self-adaptive mesh schemes for some PDEs .
- Mihai Bostan , Univ. of Besancon, France, High Field limits for magnetized plasmas.
- Rafael de la Llave, Univ. Texas, Austin, Quasi-periodic and almost periodic solutions in coupled map lattices.
Go back to the Texas DE web page