2008 Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference
University of Houston-Downtown, Houston, Texas
Saturday April 5, 2008 (In order of presentation)
- Shishen Xie, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, An algorithm for solving a nonlinear integro-differential equations.
- Lokenath Debnath, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Initial value problems of generation and propagation of waves in a rotating fluid.
- Goong Chen, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, The time variable as the dep endent variable for the diffusion equation.
- Jianxin Zhou, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, Some mathematical theory on computing multiple solutions to non-cooperative differential systems.
- Prabir Daripa, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, Diffusive slowdown of instabilities in three-layer Hele-Shaw flows with viscosity gradient.
- Jianzhong Wang, Sam Houston State Univ., Diffusion PDE asso ciated with bilateral filter.
- John Alford, Sam Houston State Univ., Stimulated unidirectional propagation in heterogeneous excitable media.
- Ranadhir Roy, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Ill-posed inverse problems in molecular imaging.
- Lijian Jiang, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, Mixed multiscale finite element methods on adaptive unstructured grids using limited global information.
- Xianjin Chen, Jianxin Zhou, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, A framework for computing multiple saddle points to strongly indefinite functionals.
- Zhijun Qiao, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, r-matrix structures of integrable systems.
- Dambaru Bhatta, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Computation of the second order dynamic force component on a vertical cylinder due to wave diffraction.
- Baofeng Feng, Kenichi Maruno, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, A short pulse equation: loop, breather solitons and integrable.
- Fengxin Chen, Univ. of Texas-San Antonio, Traveling waves for system of nonlocal evolution equations with bistable nonlinearity.
- Yan Li, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, An accurate multiphase upscaling for flow and transport in heterogeneous porous media.
- Katarina Jegdic, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Remarks on strong regular reflection for the isentropic gas dynamics equations.
- Nguyen Mau Nam, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Generalized differentiation of nonsmooth functions and applications to Hamilton-Jacobi equations in infinite dimensions.
- Zhongxiao Li, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, The structure of student dialogue in web-assisted mathematics courses.
- Edwin Tecarro, Akif Uzman, Jeong-Mi Yoon, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, A model of signaling pathways in embryonic Xenopus laevis.
- Youn-Sha Chan, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Advanced Material Modeling.
Go back to the Texas DE web page.