2007 Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference
University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas
Saturday March 24, 2007. (In order of presentation)
- Zhaosheng Feng, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Approximate Study for A Reaction-Diffusion Equation.
- Paul Bracken, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, The Generalized Weierstrass System in $R^3$ and Application s to the study of Deformations of Surfaces by Means of Integrable Hierarchies.
- Peter Howard , Texas A \& M Univ. Asymptotic behavior near planar transition fronts for the Cahn-Hilliard equation.
- Baofeng Feng, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, An operator spitting scheme for the peakon and shock-peakon solutions of Degasperis-Procesi equation.
- Liping Liu, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Phase transitions in a coupled viscoelastic system with periodic initial-boundary condition: (II) convergence.
- Yuri Yatsenko, Houston Baptist Univ., Optimal control of age- and size-structured dynamic population models (joint work with Natali Hritonenko and Renan-Ulrich Goetz).
- Zhijun Qiao, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, The Degasperis-Procesi Hierarchy and Its Solutions - Part I - Constrained Systems and Parametric Solutions (joint work with Guoping Zhang).
- Guoping Zhang, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, The Degasperis-Procesi Hierarchy and Its Solutions Part II: Cusped and Smooth Traveling Wave Solutions (joint work with Zhijun Qiao).
- Charles Obare, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Volterra Integral Equations and Applications.
- Vladimir Varlamov, Univ. Texas-Pan American, Korteweg-de Vries-type equations and their fractional properties.
Sunday March 25, 2007:
- Steven D. London, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Linear and Weakly Nonlinear Hydromagnetic Waves in the Earth's Outer Core.
- Andras Balogh, Univ. of Texas - Pan American, Output-Feedback Stabilization of an Unstable Wave Equation.
- Youn-Sha Chan, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Dependence of Crack-tip Singularity on Loading Functions.
- Greg Wene, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, On the structure of finite semifields.
- Anahit Galstyan, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Global existence for the one-dimensional semilinear Gellerstedt type equation.
- Karen Yagdjian, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Nonlinear hyperbolic equations with time-dependent speed of propagation.
- Tuncay Aktosun, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, Exact solutions to the focusing nonlinear Schr\"odinger equation.
- Kenichi Maruno, Univ. of Texas - Pan American, Coupled KP equation and Weyl group actions.
- Fengxin Chen, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Traveling Waves for System of Nonlocal Evolution Equations with Bistable Nonlinearity.
- Runchang Lin, Texas A & M International Univ., A Discontinuous Least-Squares Finite Element Method for Singularly Perturbed Reaction-Diffusion Problems.
- Mehmet Akinlar, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, Explicit Solutions to the Sine-Gordon Equation.
Go back to the Texas DE web page.