1993 Texas Partial Differential Equations Seminar
Texas A&M, College Station.
Saturday March 13, 1993. (In order of presentation).
- Thomas Little: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Well-posedness results for the Preisach model.
- Michael Pilant: Texas A&M Univ.; On the formal equivalence of certain finite data, multi-dimensional inverse problems.
- Chris Martin: Univ. of Houston; A diffusive epidemic model with criss-cross dynamics.
- Gillermo Ferreyra: Louisiana State Univ.; The value function of some deterministic singular control problems.
- Wenyo Jia: Louisiana State Univ.; Iterative methods for the Hartree eigenproblem.
- Goong Chen: Texas A&M Univ.; Phenomena associated with special modes of vibration and wave prpagation: a video show.
- Libin Mou: Univ. of Southern California; Isolated singularities of weak solutions of harmonic map equations of borderline growth are removable.
- John Cook: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Systems of diffusion equations in Hilbert space.
- Mufid Abudiab: Kansas State Univ.; On a reaction-diffusion modelling of HIV infection.
- Brooke Hollingsworth: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Degenerate implicit evolution equations.
- Marianna Shubov: Texas Tech Univ.; Geometry of resonance poles for 3-d Schrodinger operator with nearly Coulomb potential.
- Misha Vishik: Univ. of Texas at Austin; On the Arnold stability criterion.
Sunday March 14, 1993.
- Ruediger Landes: Univ. of Oklahoma; Phragmen-Lindeloff priciple for weak subsolutions and cooperative reaction-diffustion systems.
- Victor Shubov: Texas Tech Univ.; Nonlinear diffusion equations on Riemannian manifolds and hydrodyanmical limits for constrained Ginzburg-Landau models on graphs.
- Xiangsheng Xu: Univ. of Arkansas; A p-Laplacian problem in L1 with nonlinear boundary conditions.
- Bob Dorroh: Louisiana State Univ.; Semigroups of transformations of a Polish space.
- Steven Cox: Rice Univ.; The rate at which energy decays in a damped string.
- John Albert: Univ. of Oklahoma; Uniqueness of solitary-wave solutions of the intermediate long wave equation.
- Gang Bao: Univ. of Minnesota; Nonlinear optics in periodic structures.
- David Wagner: Univ. of Houston; Global existence of weak solutions for exothermically reacting, compressible Euler equations.
- Rich Newcomb: Univ. of Texas atArlington; Eikonal equations with discontinuities.
- Atanas Peblivanov: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Global and local error estimates for least-squares mixed finite elements.
- Janos Turi: Univ. of Texas atDallas; Control of a fluid-structure interaction problem.
- Brian Cupps: Texas A&M Univ.; A large diffusion result for balanced reaction-diffusion systems.