1992 Texas Partial Differential Equations Seminar
University of North Texas, Denton
Saturday March 7, 1992. (In order of presentation).
- Tuncay Aktosun: Southern Methodist Univ.; Wiener-Hopf factorization and inverse problems for partial differential equations.
- Joseph Iaia: Univ. of North Texas; Isometric embeddings of surfaces with negative curvature in three dimensional Euclidean space.
- Lester Caudill: Texas A&M Univ.; On the construction of a potential from Cauchy data.
- Gang Bao: Rice Univ.; Microlocal regularity of the relation between the coefficient and boundary value for solutions of a multi-dimensional wave equation.
- Barbara Keyfitz: Univ. of Houston; Spaces of weighted measures for conservation laws with singular shock solutions.
- Roger Knobel: Texas A&M Univ.; On construction of potentials in a two-dimensional inverse eigenvalue problem.
- Victor Shubov: Texas Tech Univ.; Derivation of a hydrodynamic equation for a stochastically perturbed infinite and harmonic system with constraints.
- Robert Renka: Univ. of North Texas; A variable metric method for solution of the parametric minimal surface problem.
- Marianna Shubov: Texas Tech Univ.; Low energy chain of resonances and high energy asymptotics of resonances for one-particle three-Dimensional Schroedinger operator with nearly Coulomb potential.
- Athanasios Lyberopoulos: Univ. of Oklahoma; A Poincare-Bendixson theorem for hyperbolic balance laws.
- Ralph Showalter: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Diffusion models with microstructure.
- John Cook: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Microstructure models with secondary flux.
Sunday March 8, 1992.
- David H. Wagner: Univ. of Houston; Global existence of weak solutions to the Euler equations for an exothermically reacting gas.
- Mufid Abudiab: Kansas State Univ.; The reaction-diffusion modeling of AIDS infection.
- Maurice H.P.M. van Putten: California Institute of Technology; MHD in divergence form: a numerical formulation.
- Lindsay Packer: Univ. of Texas at Austin; The regularized layered medium equation.
- Bruce Lowe: Texas A&M Univ.; A variational method for parameter identification.
- Vinod Vaidyanath: Univ. of Houston; Structural stability of riemann solutions for a multiphase kinematic conservation law model that changes type.
- Nikos Salingaros: Southern Methodist Univ.; Solutions of the equation B x (curl B) = 0 and force-free magnetic fields.
- Alfonso Castro: Univ. of North Texas; Branches of radial solutions in a semipositone problem.
- Sudhasree Gadam: Univ. of North Texas; Uniqueness of positive solutions for semipositone problems.