1990 Texas Partial Differntial Equations Seminar
University of Texas at Arlington
Saturday March 31, 1990. (In order of presentation)
- Max D. Gunzburger; Analysis and finite element approximation of optimal control problems associated with the stationary Navier-Stokes equations.
- Barbar Lee Keyfitz; Shocks near the sonic line.
- Jorge Cossio; A bifurcation theorem and applications.
- J. Schmidt; A 3-D h-adaptive finite element scheme.
- R. Newcomb; Hamilton-Jacobi equations in Banach spaces.
- S.A. Fulling; Guage invariant asymptotic expansion of Schrodinger propagators on manifolds.
- R.E. Showalter; Diffusion of lfuid in a fissured medium with micro-structure.
- Henry A. Warchall; Symmetry breaking in semilinear elliptic equations and nonspherical standing waves for nonlinear wave equations.
- Walter Richardson; Reaction-diffusion equations in semiconductor process modeling.
- Mark Countryman; Nonlinear forced oscillations of a beam.
- A. Lyberopoulos; Large time structure of solutions of scalar conservation laws with or without convexity under the action of a linear excitation.
- Steven Cox; Regularity and computation of a membreane interface.
- H.D. Victory, Jr.; The convergence theory of particle methods for multidimentional Vlasov-Poisson systems.
- B.A. Mair; Determination of initial states of parabolic systems form discrete data.
- J.W. Neuberger; Predictability in the absence of chaos.