2009 Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference
Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
- Saturday March 28, 2009 (In order of presentation)
- J. W. Neuberger , Univ. of North Texas, Distinguishing local from Global Nonlinear Semigroups via Lie Generators.
- Lokenath Debnath, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Some unsolved problems in applied partial differential equations.
- Ray Treinen, Kansas State Univ., Manhattan, Kansas, On a conjecture for the Stefan Problem.
- Vladimir Varlamov, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Intrinsic Geometry of Riemann Spaces which Admit Integrable Equations and their Evolutions.
- Rafael de la Llave, Univ. Texa, Austin, Center manifolds for some ill-posed equations.
- Paul Bracken, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Riesz fractional derivatives for Korteweg-de Vries solitons and their Hilbert transforms.
- Dambaru Bhatta, Daniel N. Riahi and Mallikarjunaiah S. Muddamallappa, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Basic State and Linear Perturbed Solutions of a Buoyant Flow in a Mushy Layer during Solidification.
- Eleftherios Gkioulekas, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Towards a theory of the cascades of 2D Navier-Stokes turbulence.
- Guy Bernard, Midwestern State Univ., Wichita Falls, Texas, A Reaction-Diffusion Equation in $R^n$ with Spiked Initial Values.
- Ranadhir Roy, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Penalty modified barrier function method for nonlinear optimization problem like optical tomography.
- Goong Chen, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, Variational Justification of the Dimensional-Scaling Method in Chemical Physics: The H-atom.
- Steve London, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Geophysical waves in the presence of diffusion.
- Jianxin Zhou, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, Finding Multiple Solutions to Elliptic PDE with Nonlinear Boundary Conditions.
- Joseph A. Iaia, Univ. of North Texas, Traveling Waves and Capillarity Driven Spreading of Shear-Thinning Fluids.
- Volodymyr Hrynkiv, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Optimal boundary control in a time dependent thermistor.
- Ming-Chieh Chen, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, Solutions of a reaction-diffusion system with a nonzero boundary condition: The Hirota method.
- Katarina Jegdic, Univ. of Houston-Downtown, Unsteady transonic small disturbance equation-interacting rarefaction waves.
- Indranil SenGupta, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, Mixed multiscale finite element methods on adaptive unstructured grids using limited global information.
- Nestor Guillen, Univ. of Texas, Austin, Optimal regularity of the Signorini problem via Almgren's monotonicity formula.
- Youn-Sha Chan and Glaucio H. Paulino , Univ. of Houston-Downtown and Univ. of Illinois, Urbana, Some Elementary Methods for Finding Topological Derivatives.
- Diane Denny , Texas A\&M Univ., Corpus Christi, Existence of a solution to equations modeling fluid flow with capillary stresses.
- Timothy Blass, Univ. of Texas, Austin, A Comparison Principle for Sobolev Gradients.