2004 Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference
Texas A&M University, College Station
Saturday April 3, 2004. (In order of presentation)
- Goong Chen, Texas A&M Univ., Asymptotic Analysis and Computation of the H2+ Molecular Ion.
- Giles Auchmuty, Univ. of Houston, Steklov Eigenproblems, Trace Inequalities, and the Neumann to Dirichlet Map.
- John Neuberger, Univ. of North Texas, A Nash-Moser Inverse Function Theorem by Means of Continuous Newton's Method.
- Stephen Fulling, Delta Functions and Closed Orbits: Some Cautionary Tales.
- Gaik Ambartsoumian, Texas A&M Univ., Circular Radon Transform, Wave Equation, and Thermoacoustic Tomography.
- Stephen Shipman, Louisiana State Univ., Resonant Transmission through Periodic Structures.
- Dinara Khalmanova, A Mathematical Model of the Productivity Index of a Well.
- Fengxin Chen, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Spectral Analysis for Traveling Waves of Nonlocal Evolution Equations.
- Akif Ibragimov, Texas A&M Univ., Some Problems of the Qualitative Theory of Partial Differential Equations.
- Jianzhong Wang, Sam Houston State Univ., Adaptive Numerical Resolution for Anisotropic Diffusion Equations in Image Processing.
- Ralph Saxton, Univ. of New Orleans, Heat Propagation with Phase Transitions.
- Andras Balogh, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, A Viscous Burger's Equation with Nonlinear Boundary Conditions.
- Josef Malek, Texas A&M Univ., Nonlinear PDEs and Lipschitz Approximations of Sobolev Functions.
- Matthew Rudd, Univ. of Texas at Austin, Parabolic Problems in Orlicz-Sobolev Spaces.
- Juergen Geiser, Institut of Computer Science Heidelberg, Mixed Discretisation Methods for Convection-Diffusion-Reaction-Equations with Respect to Analytical-Test-Functions.
- Youn-Sha Chan, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Change of Constitutive Relations Due to Interaction between Strain-Gradient Effect and Material Gradation.
- Dmitry Gokhman, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, Regularity of Weak Solutions of Elliptic PDEs via the n-dimensional Wavelet Transform.
Sunday April 4, 2004:
- Laura Ritter, Texas A&M Univ., A Model of Atherogenesis: An Inflammatory Response.
- Changbing Hu, Texas A&M Univ., Some Recent Result for Primitive Equations in Thin Domains.
- Maria Cristina Mariani, New Mexico State Univ., Resolution of Black-Scholes PDE Type Equations with Stochastic Volatility and Jumps by Fixed Point Methods.
- Zhaosheng Feng, Texas A&M Univ., Compound Burgers-KdV Equation and Bifurcations of its Solitary Wave Solutions.
- Baofeng Feng, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Variational Approximation for a Regularized Model Equation of Intrinsic Localized Modes in Fermi-Pasta-Ulam Lattice.
- Paul Bracken, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Introduction to Generalized Weierstrass System and Specific Solutions.
- Maria Pia Beccar Varela, Univ. of Texas at El Paso, Mathematical Properties of Gauge Transformations and Minimization of Energy Functionals.
- Yalchin Efendiev, Texas A&M Univ., Numerical Homogenization of Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations.
- Vladimir Varlamov, Univ. of Texas-Pan American, Weak Rotation Approximation for Ostrovsky Equation.
- Jay Walton, Texas A&M Univ., On the existence of travelling wave solutions for a coupled parabolic/hyperbolic nonlinear system arising in a size dependent population model.
- Peter Kuchment, Texas A&M Univ., Liouville Theorems for Periodic Elliptic Operators.
- Fu Zhang, Univ. of Houston, Coexistence of a Pulse and Multiple Spikes and Transition Layers in the Standing Waves of a Reaction-Diffusion System.
- Osvaldo Mendez, Univ. of Texas at El Paso, Potential Techniques and Regularity of Boundary Value Problems in Exterior non-smooth Domains..
- Beng Ong, Texas A&M Univ., On Spectral Properties of Photonic Waveguides.
- Klaus Kirsten, Baylor Univ., The Zaremba Problem on the Half-Plane.
- Xudong Yao, Texas A&M Univ., A Method for Solving Nonlinear Eigenpair Problems (Non-Iso-Homogenous Case).