1997 Texas Partial Differential Equations Seminar
University of North Texas, Denton
Saturday April 19, 1997. (In order of presentation)
- Alfonso Castro: Univ. of North Texas; Nonradial sign-changing solutions to a dirichlet problem in thin annuli.
- John M. Neuberger: Mississippi State Univ.; A sign-changing solution of a semilinear elliptic boundary value problem beyond the first eigenvalue.
- Dana M. Bedivan: Univ. of Texas at Arlington; Least squares methods for optimal shape problems.
- Goong Chen: Texas A&M Univ.; Chaotic vibrations of the wave equation due to the interaction of energy pumping and Van Der PoL boundary conditions.
- Jianxin Zhou: Texas A&M Univ.; Some new regularity results on the Stokes' equation.
- Ratnasingham Shivaji: Mississippi State Univ.; A multiplicity result for a class of superlinear semipositone problems.
- John Mooney: Glasgow Caledonian Univ. An implicit Douglas algorithm for a nonlinear singular parabolic quenching problem.
- Thomas Hagen: Virginia Polytechnic Institute; On the well-posedness of an initial-boundary value problem for a class of semilinear parabolic differential equations.
- Paul Uhlig: Rice Univ. Where best to hold a drum fast.
- Panayotis Panayotaros: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Numerical simulation of water waves on the sphere.
Sunday April 20, 1997. (In order of presentation)
- John Albert: Univ. of Oklahoma; Concentration compactness and stability of solitary waves.
- Maeve McCarthy: Rice Univ.; The shape of the tallest column.
- Andras Balogh: Texas Tech Univ.; Local feedback regularization of the three-dimensional Navier-Stokes equation on bounded domains.
- Malgorzata Peszynska: Univ. of Texas at Austin; A transport model with adsorption hysteresis.
- Sudhasree Gadam: Univ. of North Texas; Non-existence of positive solutions for a Neumann problem.
- Ruediger Landes: Univ. of Oklahoma; Test functions for elliptic systems and maximum principles.
- Marianna Shubov: Texas Tech Univ. Spectral properties of the three-dimensional spherically symmetric damped wave equation and applications to control theory.
- Victor I. Shubov: Texas Tech Univ.; Dynamics of boundary controlled convection-reaction-diffusion equations.
- Joseph Iaia: Univ. of North Texas; Positive solution curves in semipositone problems with concave-convex type nonlinearities.