1995 Texas Partial Differential Equations Seminar
Rice University, Houston.
Saturday April 1, 1995. (In order of presentation).
- Goong Chen: Texas A&M Univ.; Chaotic vibrations of the infinite dimensional harmonic oscillator due to a self-excitation boundary condition.
- Barbara Keyfitz: Univ. of Houston; A free boundary problem arising in conservation laws that change type.
- Hangfei Zhang: Ball State Univ.; Non conservative solutions of a fast diffusion equation.
- Walter Strauss: Brown Univ.; Smoothing of dispersive waves.
- Alfonso Castro: Univ. of North Texas; Semipositone problems with concave nonlinearities.
- Malgorzata Peszynska: Univ. of Texas at Austin; A Model of Flow in Partially Fissured Media.
- Rudiger Landes: Univ. of Oklahoma; Test functions for elliptic systems
- Marianna Shubov: Texas Tech Univ.; Unique controllability of a reduced wave equation: spectral analysis of a class of non-selfadjoint operators.
- Jianxin Zhou: Texas A&M Univ.; Constrained LQR problems in elliptic distributed boundary control systems with point observations.
- Zhonghai Ding: Texas A&M Univ.; Modelling and analysis of the thermoelectric heat transfer problem in shape memory alloy actuators.
- Steve Fulling: Texas A&M Univ.; On lazy and ambitious semiclassical expansions.
- Davin Potts: Texas A&M Univ.; Computational implementation of connected-graph and large-mass expansions of the time evolution propagator.
- Martin Berggren: Rice Univ.; Control of parabolic evolution equations: asymptotic behavior of a moving pointwise controller.
- Clifford Nolan: Rice Univ.; Anomalous reflections in the vicinity of a caustic.
Sunday, April 2, 1995.
- Martin Golubitsky: Univ. of Houston; Spirals in scalar reaction-diffusion equations.
- Elias Deeba: Univ. Houston Downtown; The continuous associated Legendre transform.
- Bob Dorroh: Univ.; A numerical method for an ill-posed problem.
- Gurcan Bicken: Univ. of Texas at Austin; Numerical simulations of 1-d periodic electron plasma oscillations and analysis of quadratic wave interactions.
- Alain Sei: Rice Univ.; Adjointness and consistency of numerical schemes: they don't always go together.
- Lew Lefton: Univ. of New Orleans; A priori error estimates for Galerkin approximations to the porous medium equation.
- Giselle Ruiz Goldstein: Louisiana State Univ.; The Favard class associated with a degenerate nonlinear parabolic problem.
- Mike Sever: Hebrew Univ.; A variational formulation of systems of conservation laws.
- Richard Sanders: Univ. ?; Global existence for multicomponent reaction diffusion systems.
- Changyou Wang: Rice Univ.; Regularity of high dimensional H-systems.