Discrete Math Seminars - Fall 2011
Fall 2011 -
- Sept 2: Doug Ray, Susan Morey, Eugene Curtin, Jake Manske and Nama Namakshi, Texas State University: Problem Solvers - A Retrospective
- Sept 9: Xinde Jia, Texas State University: Extremal Cayley Diagraphs of Finite Abelian Groups
- Sept 16: No Seminar
- Sept 23: Lucas Rusnak, Texas State University: An Oriented Hypergraphic Approach to Algebraic Graph Theory
- Sept 30: Stan McClellan, Texas State University, School of Engineering: Low frequency Power Line Communications for the Smart Grid
- Oct 7: Jacob Manske, Texas State University: Splitting the atom: on edge-colorings of complete graphs.
- Oct 14: Jian Shen, Texas State University: Continued Fractions and Nathanson Heights.
- Oct 21: Qi Long, Emory University: Doubly Robust Nonparametric Multiple Imputation for Missing Data.
- Oct 28: Qiang Zhao, Texas State University: Mean Residual Life Regression Models for Censored Survival Data
- Nov 4: Mattias Chung, Texas State University: Designing Optimal Spectral Filters for Inverse Problems
- Nov 11: Frank Hsu (12:00 - 1:00), Fordham University: Are Two Heads Better Than One? Combinatorial Fusion in Computing, Infomatics and Analytics
Maria Basterra (1:00 - 2:00), University of New Hampshire in Durham: Rings and Modules in Stable Homotopy Theory
- Nov 18: Xingde Jia, Texas State University: Small Additive Bases for the First n Positive Integers
- Nov 25: No Seminar - Thanksgiving
- Dec 2: Luis Garcia-Puente, Sam Houston State University: The Control Polyhedron of a Rational Bezier Surface