Dr. Zhao received his Ph.D. in statistics from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2004. His recent research focuses on development of statistical procedures for comparing treatments in terms of survival time for various types of censored data, estimation of mean functions and treatment comparisons for recurrent event data, and regression analysis for microarray gene expression data when the response is failure time.
- Qiang Zhao and Jianguo Sun (2007); Cox Survival Analysis of Microarray Gene Expression Data Using Correlation Principal Component Regression, Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology: Vol. 6: Iss. 1, Article 16.
- Qiang Zhao, Ole Mertz et al. (2007); A fresh look at shifting cultivation: Fallow length an uncertain indicator of productivity, Agricultural System, in press.
- Qiang Zhao and Jianguo Sun (2006); Semiparametric and Nonparametric Analysis of Recurrent Events with Observation Gaps", Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 51: 1924-1933.
- Jianguo Sun, Qiang Zhao, and Xingqiu Zhao (2005); Generalized Log-rank Test for Interval-Censored Data, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 32: 45-57.
- Qiang Zhao and Jianguo Sun (2004); Generalized Log-rank Test for Mixed-Censored Failure Time Data, Statistics in Medicine, 23: 1621-1629.
- Sun, J., Zhao, Q. and Rai, S. N. (2002); A Nonparametric Comparison of Tumor Incidences with Intermediate Lethality and Different Death Rates, In Recent Advances in Statistical Methods, ed. Y. P. Chaubey, World Scientific Publishing Inc., London, 296-303, ISBN: 1-86094-333-0.
- Shibi Hu and Qiang Zhao (1998); Studies on the absorption, distribution, storage and redistribution of 86Rb in 'Kyoho' grapevine, Acta Horticulturae Sinica, 25 (1): 6-10.
- Shibi Hu and Qiang Zhao (1998); Study on the Relationship Between the Translocation of 14C-assimilates and the Shedding of Flowers and Fruitlets in 'Kyoho' Grape from Prebloom till Fruitlet Shedding Stage, Journal of Agricultural University of Hebei, 10: 55-60.
- Qiang Zhao and Shibi Hu (1997); Effect of several kinds of plant growth regulators on improving the fruit setting in 'Kyoho' grapevine, Southwest China Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 10 (3): 116-120.