Chunmei Wang, PhD.
Office: MCS 482
Numerical Partial Differential Equations, Finite Element Methods and Superconvergence, Weak Galerkin Finite Element Methods, Inverse and Imaging Problems, Nonlinear Optimization, High Performance Computing and Domain Decomposition
Dr. Chunmei Wang received her PhD in computational mathematics from the Nanjing Normal University in China in 2014. Dr. Wang’s research interests fall under the broad heading of numerical methods and scientific computing for problems in science and engineering governed by partial differential equations. Her research is interdisciplinary and addresses modeling and computation of applied problems in science and engineering. She has devised new finite element methods and established the corresponding convergence analysis for (1) linear hyperbolic equations, (2) elliptic Cauchy problems, (3) second order elliptic equations in nondivergence form, (4) Maxwell's equation, (5) linear elasticity and elastic interface problems, (6) div-curl systems, and (7) biharmonic equations.
1. Chunmei Wang and Junping Wang, A primal-dual weak Galerkin finite element method for second order elliptic equations in non-divergence form, Mathematics of Computation, published on line, 2017. http://www.ams.org/journals/mcom/0000-000-00/S0025-5718-2017-03220-8/home.html
2. Mingjun Lai and Chunmei Wang, A bivariate spline method for second order elliptic equations in non-divergence form, Journal of Scientific Computing, published on line, 2017. https://www.springerprofessional.de/a-bivariate-spline-method-for-second-order-elliptic-equations-in/15076918
3. Chunmei Wang and Haomin Zhou, A weak Galerkin finite element method for a type of fourth order problem arising from fluorescence tomography, Journal of Scientific Computing, vol. 71(3), pp. 897–918, 2017.
4. Chunmei Wang and Junping Wang, Discretization of div-curl systems by weak Galerkin finite element methods on polyhedral partitions, Journal of Scientific Computing, vol. 68, pp. 1144-1171, 2016.
5. Chunmei Wang, Junping Wang, Ruishu Wang and Ran Zhang, A locking-free weak Galerkin finite element method for elasticity problems in the primal formulation, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 307, pp. 346–366, 2016.
6. Chunmei Wang, Shangyou Zhang and Jinru Chen, A mass-preserving interpolation operator and an interpolated mortar condition for nonconforming elements on non-matching grids, Journal of Scientific Computing, Vol. 62, pp. 179–197, 2015.
7. Chunmei Wang and Junping Wang, A hybridized formulation for weak Galerkin finite element methods for biharmonic equation on polygonal or polyhedral meshes, International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, Vol. 12, pp. 302-317, 2015.
8. Junping Wang and Chunmei Wang, Weak Galerkin finite element methods for elliptic PDEs, Science China, Vol. 45, pp. 1061–1092, 2015.
9. Chunmei Wang and Junping Wang, An efficient numerical scheme for the biharmonic equation by weak Galerkin finite element methods on polygonal or polyhedral meshes, Journal of Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 68, 12, pp. 2314-2330, 2014.
10. Chunmei Wang, A preconditioner for the FETI-DP method for mortar-type Crouzeix-Raviart element discretization, Applications of Mathematics, Vol. 59, 6, pp. 653-672, 2014.
- 2016–2018 #DMS-1648171: Innovative Weak Galerkin Finite Element Methods with Application in Fluorescence Tomography, National Science Foundation, $63,998.00, Single PI
- 2015–2016 #DMS-1522586: Innovative Weak Galerkin Finite Element Methods with Application in Fluorescence Tomography, National Science Foundation, $98,621.00, Single PI
- 2015-2016 #DMS-1542183: Polytopal Element Methods in Mathematics and Engineering, National Science Foundation, $25,000.00, PI