Gregory B. Passty, Ph.D.
Office: MCS 582
Experimental Mathematics, Optimization, Nonlinear Analysis, Differential Equations.
Greg Passty received his Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Southern California. His research is in Nonlinear Analysis and Operator Theory, and he has recently been teaching Partial Differential Equations and Ordinary Differential Equations. Dr. Passty is the Graduate Advisor for our Master's programs, and also serves as Assistant Dean for the College of Science & Engineering.
- Passty, Gregory B.; Torrejon, Ricardo M.; On extending the router sum to monotone operators. Linear circuits, systems and signal processing: theory and application (Phoenix, AZ, 1987), 391--395, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1988.
- Passty, Gregory B. The parallel sum of nonlinear monotone operators. Nonlinear Anal. 10 (1986), no. 3, 215--227.
- Passty, Gregory B.; Torrejon, Ricardo; The parallel sum of generalized gradients. Trends in the theory and practice of nonlinear analysis (Arlington, Tex., 1984), 371--376, North-Holland Math. Stud., 110, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1985.
- Barnsley, M. F.; Herod, J. V.; Mosher, D. L.; Passty, G. B.; Solutions for a model Boltzmann equation by monotonicity methods. Houston J. Math. 9 (1983), no. 3, 345--355.
- Passty, Gregory B. Construction of fixed points for asymptotically nonexpansive mappings. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 84 (1982), no. 2, 212--216.
- Barnsley, M. F.; Herod, J. V.; Mosher, D. L.; Passty, G. B.; Some operators which commute in a nonlinear Boltzmann equation. Lett. Nuovo Cimento (2) 32 (1981), no. 16, 437--442.
- Barnsley, M. F.; Herod, J. V.; Mosher, D. L.; Passty, G. B.; Analysis of Boltzmann equations in Hilbert space by means of a nonlinear eigenvalue property. Spectral theory of differential operators (Birmingham, Ala., 1981), pp. 45--52, North-Holland Math. Stud., 55, North-Holland, Amsterdam-New York, 1981.
- Barnsley, M. F.; Herod, J. V.; Jory, V. V.; Passty, G. B.; The Tjon-Wu equation in Banach space settings. J. Funct. Anal. 43 (1981), no. 1, 32--51.
- Passty, Gregory B.; Preservation of the asymptopic behavior of a nonlinear contraction semigroup by backward differencing. Houston J. Math. 7 (1981), no. 1, 103--110.
- Passty, Gregory B.; Ergodic convergence to a zero of the sum of monotone operators in Hilbert space. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 72 (1979), no. 2, 383--390.
- Bruck, Ronald E.; Passty, Gregory B.; Almost convergence of the infinite product of resolvents in Banach spaces. Nonlinear Anal. 3 (1979), no. 2, 279--282.