Susan Morey, Ph.D.
Department Chair, Professor
Office: MCS 470
Dr. Morey received her Ph.D. from Rutgers University in 1995. Her research includes the study of Rees algebras and Combinatorial Commutative Algebra, particularly the study of edge ideals. She is particularly interested in properties of powers of ideals, including associated primes and depths. In particular, recent work has been focused on monomial ideals, which are then represented as graphs, simplicial complexes, or matrices (often unimodular) depending on the situation. Algebraic questions are then answered using these structures.
- D. Campos,R. Gunderson, S. Morey, C. Paulsen,T. Polstra, Depths and Stanley depths of path ideals of spines. Involve 9 (2016), no. 1, 155–170.
- L. Fouli, S. Morey, A Lower Bound for Depths of Powers of Edge Ideals, J Algebr Comb 42 (2015), 829-848.
- D. Campos, R. Gunderson, S. Morey, C. Paulsen, T. Polstra, Depth and Cohen-Macaulay Properties of Path Ideals, J. Pure Appl. Algebra 218 (2014), 1537-1543.
- L. Fouli, S. Morey, Minimal reductions and cores of edge ideals, J. Algebra 364 (2012), 52–66.
- S. Morey, R.H. Villarreal, Edge Ideals: Algebraic and Combinatorial Properties, Progress in Commutative Algebra 1, (2012), 85–126, de Gruyter, Berlin.
- J. Martinez-Bernal, S. Morey, R.H. Villarreal, Associated Primes of Powers of Edge Ideals, Collectanea Mathematics, 63, (2012), 361-374.
- S. Morey, R.H. Villarreal, Edge Ideals: Algebraic and Combinatorial Properties, to appear: "Progress in Commutative Algebra: Ring Theory, Homology, and Decomposition." Publisher: de Gruyter.
- S. Morey, Depths of Powers of the Edge Ideal of a Tree, Communications in Algebra 38, (2010) 4042-4055.
- H.T. Ha, S. Morey, Embedded Associated Primes of Powers of Square-free Monomial Ideals, J. Pure and Applied Algebra 214, (2010), 301-308.
- H. T. Ha, S. Morey, R. H. Villarreal; Cohen-Macaulay Admissible Clutters, Journal of Commutative Algebra 1, (2009), 463-480.
- S. Morey, E. Reyes, R. H. Villarreal; Cohen-Macaulay, shellable and unmixed clutters with a perfect matching of Konig type, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 212, 1770-1786, (2008).
- M. Johnson, S. Morey; Normal Ideals and Expected Reduction Numbers, Communications in Algebra 33, 3787-3795, (2005).
- J. Chen, S. Morey, A. Sung. The Stable Set of Associated Primes of the Ideal of a Graph, Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics 32, 71-89, (2002).
- S. Morey, W. V. Vasconcelos. Special Divisors of Blowup Algebras, in Ring Theory and Algebraic Geometry, Proceedings of the fifth international conference (SAGA V), in Leon, Spain (Editors: A. Granja, J.A. Hermida Alonso, and A. Verschoren), Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, 221, Marcel Dekker, New York, Basel, (2001), 257-288.
- M. Johnson, S. Morey. Normal Blow-ups and their Expected Defining Equations, J. Pure and Applied Algebra 162 (2001), 303-313.
- S. Morey. Stability of Associated Primes and Equality of Ordinary and Symbolic Powers of Ideals, Comm. In Algebra. 27, 3221-3231, (1999).
- S. Morey and B. Ulrich. Rees Algebras of Ideals With Low Codimension, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 124, 3653?3661, (1996).
- S. Morey. Equations of Blowups of Ideals of Codimension Two and Three, J. Pure and Applied Algebra 109, 197-211, (1996).
- S. Morey, S. Noh, and W. V. Vasconcelos. Symbolic Powers, Serre Conditions and Cohen-Macaulay Rees Algebras, Manuscripta Math., 86, 113-124 (1995).